Saturday, January 10, 2009

One Week to go

I cannot believe we are down to our final week. I was out today purchasing supplies that are needed for the mission and I am amazed at the amount of stuff I was able to get. In my normal life, I shop generic brands for much of our needs because it's cheaper and it's usually the exact same as name brands. I was shopping today with someone else's money and I know that I could've bought name brands because, hey, I wasn't paying for it. But I also knew that by buying generic brands, I was able to purchase so much more for the mission. So I did. I bought quite a few bottles, sippy cups, desitin, children's and baby tylenol and ibprofen, children's cough medicine, bandaids, gauze and a few other things. In fact, the lady at the checkout was like, "um, are you...stocking up??" And I was able to tell her about our trip and the mission. It was a great chance to tell someone about what we're doing.

One more week!!! This week we have our final meeting to tie up loose ends and spend some time in prayer. Please be in prayer for us this week as reality sets in that we are going soon!! :-) That we would all remember to pack important things, that our families would be safe and healthy (and sane!) while we're gone. Thank you for your support and commitment to keep us in prayer during this time!

No comments: